Friday 25 January 2008

How to access e-books

I thought I would send a reminder on how to find e-books.

I think the simpliest way is to go into the catalogue, put your term in as keyword search and choose ebooks from the dropdown menu, you will get a list of e-books on that subject.

You can also check by logging on to Athens and choosing Dawson books or Myilibrary from the list of resources. Unfortunately, we are buying the books from 2 different platforms - hence two different ways to access the lists. We all want to simplify this, so hopefully that will happen in the near future. We also have some e-books from JISC but only until 2009. I will post those titles in the SCoT area on this blog.

So, you can see why I recommend going through the catalogue!

Remember, you will need an Athens username and password to actually get into the books themselves.

No comments: